Thursday, July 3, 2014

Touring Denver

Yesterday I had a truly wonderful time being a tourist in this city!

Our first stop was the Molly Brown House.  It was a very nice tour, and I learned quite a bit about the lady herself and the myths that follow her.  The house was beautifully restored and had had a number of artifacts that were original to the house, plus several other acquired items from the time period.  Unfortunately, their was no photography allowed in the home so you will have to settle for the pictures I got outside.

Our next stop was the church that Molly Brown attended, and actually fund raised to build.  It was a beautiful church and the stained glass was amazing.  Stephanie, one of my roommates, walked in right in the middle of mass (LOL) so we tried to be unobtrusive and very quiet.


 Next on our agenda was the Denver State Capitol.  Cindy, Stephanie, and I all stood on the stair that mares one mile above seal level (number 13) right in front.







After that we went to the Brown Palace for Afternoon tea.  It was a marvelous
experience.  Not only was the food amazing and the tea wonderful, it was a great way to enjoy the afternoon.



Finally I went to dinner with a good friend, John and his husband Bill for Casa Bonita and some of their friends.  This place was truly an experience, magic shows, cliff diving, puppet shows, and an arcade along with dinner.  I had a great time!


I was so tired that I did not get a chance to post this last night

  

No comments:

Post a Comment