Monday, July 28, 2014

Badlands and Car-Henge

We went to Bandlands National Park and had a wonderful time seeing all of the land forms that were crated through erosion.  We also learned that the first fossil ever was discovered here.  Doug and the Girls explored the visitors center and the fossil walk together.  I had to sit those out as my back was very sore and it hurt to even stand.






I loved driving through the park.  It is truly amazing and beautiful.  I could hardly believe it was real.  It looked like a picture.

After that we continued to drive to Carhenge.  Last year we went to Cadillac Ranch so it only made sense that we see this.  Maddie LOVED it, Hailey thought is was cool, Doug thought it was freaky, I found it cool.  I was able to slowly make the short walk around the cars and displays.  The girls and and I went into the store to get their souvenirs, and the sales lady was closing up.  :(  She did let them each get a pin and key chain for their collection.





No comments:

Post a Comment