Saturday, July 11, 2015

Getting Started

Tuesday, July 7, 2015


Gettin' Started

Welcome to the 2015 edition of Gaede 4 in the Pod, only this year we are without the r-pod.  Early last fall we purchased a new (to us) camper that is much bigger and better accommodates a family with 2 teenagers.  We now have a 26 foot Salem camper that can sleep up to 9.  That is why I invited my BFF Patty to join us on the second leg of our trip (hopefully she can).  Early this spring we said good bye to our beloved r-pod as we sold it to a family that I am sure will make wonderful memories in it as well.

Anyway, today my wonderful family picked me up from the Universal Double Tree Hotel in Orlando.  The NEA RA ended last night at 8:26pm.  I had another excellent time this year which included a one day trip to Disney’s Magic Kingdom, where I pretended to be a kid for a day.  



Doug brought the girls down to Florida early and they spent a few days at Ft. Wilderness, the Disney Campground.  They went hiking, swimming and shopping in Downtown Disney.  We also met up after one of the days meeting and had dinner, and watched the US Soccer Team beat Japan.  It was cool having them there but I wished I could have gone home with them, rather than the hotel. 



We are now in the Everglades at Midway Campground.  Hailey was not too happy about being here since Wi-Fi is limited at best; however after taking a walk she found  that  four campsites down actually has a signal, so that is where she is.  Maddie is re-reading Harry Potter (surprise surprise), Doug is trying to figure out how to work the awning of the camper (we have only been out in it a few times) and I am here blogging away.  


I am so excited for this trip, as we stared planning it on a snow day in February when we were all home from school and work.  We start here in Florida and will travel up the east coast all the way to Maine.  We have so many wonderful things planned to do and see, and of course I will write all about them.  I truly hope everyone who reads this blog enjoys hearing about our travels.  Not only do I enjoy writing about it here, I put a copy of it in the scrapbook I make after the trip.

Now I am off to make dinner and get ready for tomorrows adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment