Friday, July 31, 2015

Philadelphia

After a few years of nagging, I finally got to see the Liberty Bell.  We had a great day in Philadelphia.  We toured the visitor center and Liberty Bell, before having lunch. Doug and Hailey gorged on Philly cheese steaks while Maddie and I had lighter fare.  Then we walked to Ben Franklin’s grave site and the US Mint. All of us enjoyed seeing where they make coins and learning about the process.  I was raining, I mean pouring when we left the Mint, and we had to be at Independence Hall for our 4:15 tour.  We walked four blocks getting completely soaked, but we made it in time.




Independence Hall was pretty fascinating; it was neat seeing where such important parts of American History took place.  It made me actually wish that I paid more attention in History class.  Hailey and Maddie were not as enthusiastic as Doug and I were; I think that they are finished with learning about History and ready to go home. 



On our way home we stopped in Phoenixville and visited the various wine and cheese shops.  We found some very good treats for ourselves and for those who helped us out at home while we were gone.   Doug and I liked the town a lot and hope to visit again, without the girls (maybe this fall?).  
We got back to the camper and ended our evening by watching the movie “Overboard” with the girls. 

Tomorrow we head home J.

No comments:

Post a Comment