Monday, July 20, 2015

Niagara Falls

Today we went o Niagara Falls State park.  This was Hailey’s choice destination.  She has actually wanted to come here for a few years.  She was so excited to see the falls she could not contain herself.  We parked the truck and walked in to the park towards the American Falls, stopping to take tons of pictures of the falls.  It is so beautiful, words cannot describe how incredibly beautiful the falls are (I will post pictures when we get better wifi).  I am so looking forward to scrapbooking the pictures from today. 
We went to the observation deck and the Maid of the Mist boat tour.   I braved my fear of heights to be able to walk out over the American Falls and see everything; it was very cool to see the falls from that perspective.  Then we took the elevator down to the loading dock to the boat where we were given our wonderful blue Maid of the Mist rain ponchos.  We did not have to wait at all to board the boat, Doug mentioned several times how the boat tours worked so systematically with both the US and Canada.  Then we were off, almost immediately we felt the mist from the falls splashing on us.  This made both girls giggle and Hailey got so excited.  It was great.  We had a fabulous position of the boat where Doug could take pictures and video using his new waterproof cell phone. The boat took us to the Horseshoe Falls and back, it lasted about a half hour. I think Hailey posted at least a dozen pictures to Instagram before we got back to the dock. Then we walked over to the stairs that were by the falls for pictures,  I did not go up them because they were so slippery and I am not taking any chances with my back.  Doug and Hailey went up a little bit, but not all of the way for the same reason- way too slippery!




After that we walked to the American Falls observation deck and took more pictures and enjoyed the view.  I even enjoyed people watching, as many people were taking selfies. 
We went to The Hard Rock Café’ Niagara Falls for lunch.  It wasn’t that bad, for being a chain restaurant.  I was able to finally cure the french fry craving; I have had for a few days.


Once fortified and well hydrated, we walked back to the falls and then hiked the entire trail to the Horseshoe Falls.  It was a fairly easy walk (not a lot of hills) and very picturesque.  I kept taking picture after picture because everything was just so pretty. Hailey continued to snap away on her phone and post to Instagram as well. We stopped for ice cream on the walk back to the car.  It was just so nice.


Once we got ready to go back to the camper, Doug punched in the campground to the GPS and started freaking out that it was saying it was 5 hours away.  We knew that it only was a 20 min drive this morning!  Then I realized that he had it set to walking (from when we were looking for places to eat for lunch).  Then he and I started laughing uncontrollably- from exhaustion- LOL!

Now we are back “home”, we have all had showers and are relaxing.  Maddie is with her book, Hailey is on her phone, Doug is enjoying the campfire and I am here blogging away.  We are all happy that Doug was able to find a spot in the camper where his phone can get 3 bars of 4G so that we can connect to wifi. I plan to spend the rest of this evening with my book and a glass of wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment