Friday, July 8, 2016

We Keep Heading West

We have spent the last 2 days mostly in the car, with Doug driving, the girls watching movies, and reading or on their phones, and me reading.   I have finished 3 books and have started my 4th today.

Yesterday we drove a lot!  We even took a quick side trip through Greensburg Kansas.  Doug, wanted to see the town after watching the television series abut how they rebuilt it after a horrible tornado that wiped it out in 2007. We then made it to  Tucumcari New Mexico and stayed at a KOA.  It was a long drive, close to 10 hours in the car and it was HOT outside, it reached 108 degrees. We all enjoyed swimming in the pool while we did some laundry, since we have been on the road for a week. We met some nice people, another family touring the US like us but in a tent.  I would NOT want to be them in this heat. There are a lot of rabbits around here, like squirrels back home.  Hailey keeps pointing them out like she points out squirrels too.

This morning we even ate breakfast at the campground, it was nice to have something more than cereal and fruit.  Then we were back on the road.   We did stop at a WalMart for an oil change for the truck and to get some groceries.  The weather continued to be hot, but it only got to 100 today.  After driving 8 hours Doug needs a break so we have pulled into a rest stop in Arizona.  We met a nice couple who had the most adorable tear-drop camper that have been camping for a month cross country like us, only they are from California and are on their way home.

We are about 2 hours from the Grand Canyon, where we will be or the next two days.  I am actually excited about going back there.  The last time we visited, I was having issues with my back, this time I am much more able to enjoy myself.

The WiFi service here is not the best so I will not be posing any pictures today.  I am not sure how it will be in the Grand Canyon either, if I remember correctly it was very spotty as well. So I will post more when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment